READ ALL ABOUT IT
Amplifying stories of the impact, nonprofit success and business wins that come from pro bono programs.
RESOURCES & RESEARCH
Our latest research and thinking about purpose, corporate social responsibility, equity, community change, and the role of skills-based volunteering.
Join CEO Danielle Holly as she talks with cross-sector leaders about social impact, equity, and creating positive community change.
READ ALL ABOUT IT
Elevating stories of social impact, employee engagement, and talent development.
In The News
- Skills for Cities: Common Impact to Bring the Power of Skills-Based Volunteering to North Carolina
- Common Impact Celebrates Tenure of Danielle Holly as She Announces Plans to Step Down from CEO Role
- Drawing on Skills-Based Volunteerism to Meet Organizational Needs in a Time of Change
- Common Impact Announces New Board Member as it Continues to Expand its National Reach and Initiatives
- The Promise of Skills-Based Volunteering
- Five Steps We Must Take to Truly Create An Inclusive, Representative and Equitable Society
- Five Things You Need To Be A Highly Effective Leader During Turbulent Times
- Big Ideas: “Skills-based volunteerism; create the connection between people and the places they can make a difference.”
RESOURCES & RESEARCH
Our latest and greatest thinking for the good of the sector.
To truly catalyze the connected communities, social change, and more equitable communities we want to see, Common Impact shares our research and resources with the broader field. Here’s some of the latest:
- Our COVID-19 Nonprofit Impact Report: A Guide for Providing Philanthropic and Skilled Volunteer Support is a snapshot of nonprofit needs – and corporate opportunities for support – as we all rebuild from the pandemic.
- Defining the value of donated time is always tricky – how do you move from outputs to true outcomes? Insights & Impact 2020: Measuring the Social Impact of Volunteerism is a great place to start.
- Learn how to leverage your strongest philanthropic asset – your people – to help communities recover from and prepare for the next disaster in Insights & Impact 2019: Disaster Response – From Relief to Resiliency.
Find fresh thinking.
Listen in as leaders from across sectors talk equity, impact, and purpose .
Pro Bono Perspectives Podcast
Join CEO Danielle Holly and leaders from across the nonprofit, corporate, and civic sectors for real conversations about leadership, social justice, how companies can do good better, the importance of levity, and much more.
Don’t miss guests like Vu Le (NonprofitAF), Edgar Villanueva (The Decolonizing Wealth Project), Yusuf George (JUST Capital), Amy Smith (TOMS), Chef Julia Turshen, Sally Holmes (Marie Claire), Wendy John (Fidelity Investments) and Greg Baldwin (VolunteerMatch).
Listen in now.
Common Impact and MetLife Foundation Host ‘Skills for Cities’ to Leverage the Power of Pro Bono for Advancing Climate Action and Racial Equity Initiatives
Skills for Cities connects corporate volunteers with leading nonprofits focused on climate justice, racial equity, and sustainability to find solutions to their most pressing capacity-building challenges.
The Board of Directors of Common Impact, a national nonprofit leader in skills-based volunteerism, announces the appointment of Leila Saad as CEO.
How can employers not just talk about their values but also take tangible, meaningful actions that show their employees and their communities that they are serious about making an impact? Skills-based volunteering.
Training Magazine: How Skills-Based Volunteering Enriches Onboarding, Training, and Talent Development
The skills-based volunteering movement has continued to gain momentum as employers seek opportunities for virtual volunteering, remote team building, and talent development.
Common Impact will host Skills for Cities North Carolina on April 20, 2022, connecting nonprofits statewide with skills-based volunteers and social impact leaders to generate solutions for their pressing capacity-building challenges.
Common Impact announced today that Danielle Holly will be stepping down as CEO, effective February 18, 2022. Holly has led significant growth in Common Impact’s size and impact during her decade as CEO, nearly 15 total years with organization.